San Benito High School Campus

Parents' Information

Welcome HHS Parents and Guardians

We have provided links to key handouts and other resources on this page. Please contact us if you’d like to see additional information posted here. For a complete Spanish translation of our website, use the language indicator at the top right of the webpage.

Bienvenidos Padres y Tutores de HHS

En esta página, hemos proporcionado enlaces a folletos importantes y otros recursos. Comuníquese con nosotros si desea ver información adicional publicada aquí. Para obtener una traducción completa al español de nuestro sitio web, utilice el indicador de idioma en la parte superior derecha de la página web.

Attendance/Checkout Process

Reporting An Absence

There are two options to report an absence:

  1. Please call 831-637-5831 ext, 105.
  2. Email the school at

For both options, provide the student’s ID number, first and last names, and the date of absence. Please also include the reason for the absence.
The email you use will be valid if it matches the email on record.

La Asistencia

Hay dos opciones para reportar una ausencia:

  1. Favor de llamar al 831-637-5831 ext, 105.
  2. Mandar un correo electrónico a la escuela al

Para ambas opciones, proporcione el número de identificación del estudiante, el nombre y apellido y la fecha de ausencia.
Incluya también el motivo de la ausencia.

Checkout Process

Hollister High School staff encourages and values learning time; thus, checkouts shall be limited to dental or doctor appointments or family emergencies. Please see the Checkout Process handout for more details.

Student Work Permits

Work Permits:  Procedures & Policies from the CA Labor Law Manual

Hollister High School will issue California Work Permits as describes by the California Department of Education (CDE) and at the discretion and approval of the Superintendents Designated Administrator(s). Student work permits are required by all businesses employing minors between the ages of 13-17 years. It is solely within the discretion of the school district to determine whether a minor, who is still subject to the state’s compulsory education laws, may obtain a work permit and, therefore, be employed to work. Please visit the CDE website for frequently asked questions and multilingual documents. Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the duties and location where the work will be done as well as the number of hours a minor may work. In most cases it is a two-step process, the minor along with the parent/guardian and employer fill out the B1-1 form (Ca. Intent to Employ a Minor Form) and submit to the school local to the minor’s address. The school district reviews the B1-1 form and issues the B1-4 (CA Work Permit).

Process to obtain a WORK PERMIT:

  • The minor/student, after obtaining a promise of employment, shall obtain the “Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit – Certificate of Age” (CDE Form B1-1) from the school or the employer.
  • The minor must complete the “minor” section, request that the employer and parent complete their sections (making certain to obtain all three required signatures), and then return the completed form to the appropriate school authority, Student Services Admin.
  • The school’s authorized work permit issuer shall verify all information on the work permit to be issued. If all requirements are met, the authorized work permit issuer may issue the work permit (CDE Form B1-4).
    • The local school district or school has discretion to impose additional requirements for the issuance of a work permit. For instance, the school district may have a policy requiring the minor to maintain a 2.0 grade point average (GPA). In such a case, the work permit issuer would need to verify the student’s GPA.

STEP 1: How to Obtain The California Intent to Employ Form/Work Permit

California Intent to Employ Forms:

Questions or assistance needed? please call ext. 172 during school hours or email .

Child Find

Child find activities need to be conducted annually at each school site to help identify children with possible special education needs.

Child Find Requirements

Child Find Contacts



School Site Council

 The primary task of the School Site Council is to:

  • Update the Single School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
  • Make effective decisions on the use of supplemental resources
  • Ensure that students have access to and success in the core program

Composition of a School Site Council

The principal plus representatives from the following groups:

  •  Parents
  •  Classroom teachers
  • Students
  • One other school representative (usually a classified staff member)
  • The number of parents and students must be equal to the number of school personnel.
  • Each category in the above composition of the Council must select its own members Parent Login Instructions

Click here for a .pdf explaining how to use the parent portal to view your students grades, attendance, and more.

Instrucciones de inicio de sesión para el Portal de Padres de  

la versión en español se publicará lo antes posible

Haga clic aquí para obtener un archivo .pdf que explica cómo usar el portal para padres para ver las calificaciones, asistencia y más de su estudiante.

National School Lunch Program

Please click here to fill out the online form for the National School Lunch Program.